REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Run, Volunteer, Donate, Cheer…but most of all: HONOR
THE 9/11 HEROES RUN UNITES COMMUNITIES INTERNATIONALLY WITH THE GOAL TO NEVER FORGET THE SACRIFICES OF THE HEROES OF SEPTEMBER 11TH AND IN THE WARS SINCE: VETERAN, FIRST RESPONDER, CIVILIAN, AND MILITARY. JOIN US TO RAISE AWARENESS AND HONOR THE FALLEN.
The 9/11 Heroes Run 5k +1M fun run/walk welcomes runners and walkers of all levels and of all ages. Events take place all over the world, on or near September 11th, and are 100% organized by local community volunteers. It is the perfect opportunity for your community to personally come out and thank your local veterans, their families, and first responders in an annual, fun, and family friendly environment!
*Please note not all race locations include a 1 mile fun run/walk
Registration Pricing & Timeline:
- May- July 31 @ 11:59pm
- 5K Individual Registration: $30
- Family Pack of 4 Registration: $100
- 5K Active Duty Military or First Responder : $27
- This is a 10% discount (required to show valid government ID when picking up packet of active duty status)
- August 1 – August 22 @ 11:59pm
- 5K Individual Registration: $32.50
- Family Pack of 4 Registration: $110
- 5K Active Duty Military or First Responder : $29.25
- August 23 – Sept 8 @ 6pm (please note – registration online will close at this time, in person registration is still accepted, see below for details)
- 5K Individual Registration: $35
- Family Pack of 4 Registration: $120
- 5K Active Duty Military or First Responder : $31.50
NOTE: if you are not registered by 11:59pm EST on August 31, 2016, you are not guaranteed a race shirt or participant memorabilia
- Race Day
- 5K Individual Registration: $40
- Family Pack of 4 Registration: $140
- 5K Active Duty Military or First Responder : $35
5th annual 9/11 Heroes Run – Charleston
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH @ 9AM CHARLESTON FIRE & POLICE DEPARTMENT (DANIEL ISLAND)
PACKET PICK-UP AND IN-PERSON LATE REGISTRATION – FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9th 10:00AM – 7:00PM
Next to the Charleston Fire & Police Dept. located at 235 Seven Farms Drive, Daniel Island (CASH, CHECK & CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS ACCEPTED)
RACE DAY, SEPTEMBER 10th
6:00AM – 9:00AM Day of Registration & Late Packet Pick up(CASH & CHECK PAYMENTS ONLY)
DAY of PRICES: – Individual Registration – $40 -Team/Family of 4 Registration – $140 -Active Duty Military & First Responder Individual Registration – $35 (*Must show valid Government or First Responder ID at time of Registration!)
* ALL CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS WILL BE CHARGED A 3% CREDIT CARD PROCESSING FEE! *
Event parking will be available in the fields next to Children’s Park on River Landing Drive. A shuttle service will be offered for your convenience from 6:30AM until 11:30AM.
You are also welcome to park in street parking spaces along Seven Farms Drive and Island Park Drive but we ask that you please DO NOT PARK ANYWHERE BETWEEN THE INTERSECTIONS OF SEVEN FARMS/RIVER LANDING OR SEVEN FARMS/DANIEL ISLAND DRIVE AS TO NOT IMPEDE OUR RACE COURSE!
OPENING CEREMONIES & SPECIAL APPEARANCES
OPENING CEREMONIES WILL BEGIN @ 8:30AM, IN FRONT OF THE CHARLESTON FIRE & POLICE DEPT.
Opening ceremonies will include presentation of the flags, bagpipe performances, National Anthem and personal speeches by our Special Guests of Honor!
2016 SPECIAL GUESTS OF HONOR:
Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office – CPL. KIMBER GIST
Former FDNY Battalion 45 EMT – LAURA SIEBUHR MENDOLA
First portion of street closures will begin at approximately 8:00AM (Seven Farms between River Landing and Pier View) and will last until the completion of the event around 10:15AM. Streets affected will include Seven Farms Drive, River Landing Drive and Daniel Island Drive. Detailed timing of specific street closures will be posted prior to event.
THIS IS A RAIN OR SHINE EVENT!
Race Proceeds Benefiting