CONGRATULATIONS!! on an incredible 2013 race. We cannot thank all of you enough for coming out and supporting the 9/11 Heroes Run - Charleston.
- Official Race Timing Results: http://results.active.com/events/2013-9-11-heroes-run/heroes-run-5k If you won an award but were not around to collect, please email the local race director via: Charleston@911HeroesRun.org
- Check out these great race day pictures: http://www.
THE 9/11 HEROES RUN UNITES COMMUNITIES INTERNATIONALLY WITH THE GOAL TO NEVER FORGET THE SACRIFICES OF THE HEROES OF SEPTEMBER 11TH AND IN THE WARS SINCE: VETERAN, FIRST RESPONDER, CIVILIAN, AND MILITARY. JOIN US TO RAISE AWARENESS AND HONOR THE FALLEN.
Run, Volunteer, Donate, Cheer…but most of all: HONOR
The 9/11 Heroes Run 5k +1M fun run/walk welcomes runners and walkers of all levels and of all ages. Events take place all over the world, on or near September 11th, and are 100% organized by local community volunteers. It is the perfect opportunity for your community to personally come out and thank your local veterans, their families, and first responders in an annual, fun, and family friendly environment!
- Date: 9/7/13
- Cost: 5K = $30, Family of 4 = $100
- Packet Pick-up Details:
- Sept. 6 at Charleston Fire/Police Dept., 235 Seven Farms Dr, Daniel Island (10am – 8pm)
- Sept. 7 at Charleston Fire/Police Dept. (6:30am – 7:30am)
- *Onsite race registration will be available during these times, CASH or CHECK only!*
- *Please note prices increase to $35 for Individual 5K registrations and $120 for Team/Family Registrations during these times!*
- Opening Ceremony Information: Join us for a pre-race warm up hosted by Crossfit Discovery at 7:30am! Opening Ceremonies will start at 7:40am and will include a presentation of the colors by the Charleston Fire Department Honor Guard, a performance by the Charleston Police Pipes and Drums, the singing of our National Anthem, a moment of silence, and motivational speeches from local, hometown heroes!
- Race begins promptly at 8am. See attached race course!
- Parking Information: Street parking is available along Seven Farms Drive and Island Park Drive, with additional parking available in the developer lots located on Island Park Drive, across from Publix.
- Street Closures and Traffic Delays:
- Seven Farms Drive between the intersections of River Landing Dr. and Daniel Island Dr. will be closed from 7:30AM until 9:00AM. Other streets involved with our race route will be closed at approximately 8:00AM and reopened as soon as the last participant clears that part of the course, not to last longer than 9:00AM. These streets include Daniel Island Dr. and River Landing Drive. Residences and businesses along the race route are strongly encouraged to use your rear parking, if available.
- Post-Race Activity Information: Awards ceremony and raffle will take place following the race at approximately 9:15am. Join us post-race at the Daniel Island Grille for brunch and drink specials beginning at 9:30am for race participants! All are welcome but you must be 21+ with valid ID to receive drink specials!
- Sign up today! You must register online by September 1st to be guaranteed a race shirt and finisher’s dogtag. Shirts and dogtags will be given out on a first come, first served basis to race-day registrants.
9/11 Heroes Run Race Series Sponsors