CONGRATULATIONS DOYLESTOWN ON A GREAT RACE!
Official race results: HERE
Use #911HeroesRun on social media and share with us why you run!
THE 9/11 HEROES RUN UNITES COMMUNITIES INTERNATIONALLY WITH THE GOAL TO NEVER FORGET THE SACRIFICES OF THE HEROES OF SEPTEMBER 11TH AND IN THE WARS SINCE: VETERAN, FIRST RESPONDER, CIVILIAN, AND MILITARY. JOIN US TO RAISE AWARENESS AND HONOR THE FALLEN.
The 9/11 Heroes Run 5k +1M fun run/walk welcomes runners and walkers of all levels and of all ages. Events take place all over the world, on or near September 11th, and are 100% organized by local community volunteers. It is the perfect opportunity for your community to personally come out and thank your local veterans, their families, and first responders in an annual, fun, and family friendly environment!
*Please note not all race locations include a 1 mile fun run/walk
Registration Pricing & Timeline:
- May – July 31 @ 11:59pm
- 5K Individual Registration: $25
- 5K Wheeled Registration: $25
- 5K Youth Registration (12 and under): $10
- 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk Registration: $15
- Family Pack of 4 Registration: $80
- 5K Active Duty Military or First Responder : $22.50
- this is a 10% discount – will be required to show valid government ID when picking up packet of active duty status
- August 1 – August 22 @ 11:59pm
- 5K Individual Registration: $27.50
- 5K Wheeled Registration: $27.50
- 5K Youth Registration (12 and under): $12
- 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk Registration: $17.50
- Family Pack of 4 Registration: $90
- 5K Active Duty Military or First Responder : $24.75
- August 23 – Sept 21 @ 11:59pm
- 5K Individual Registration: $30
- 5K Wheeled Registration: $30
- 5K Youth Registration (12 and under) $15
- 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk Registration: $20
- Family Pack of 4 Registration: $100
- 5K Active Duty Military or First Responder : $27
NOTE: if you are not registered by 11:59pm EST on August 31, 2016, you are not guaranteed a race shirt or participant memorabilia
- Race Day (if applicable)
- 5K Individual Registration: $35
- 5K Wheeled Registration: $35
- 5K Youth Registration (12 and under) $20
- 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk Registration: $25
- Family Pack of 4 Registration: $115
- 5K Active Duty Military or First Responder : $30
Come and Visit with our Awesome Sponsors, Supporters & Vendors: the 911 Heroes Run Expo not only provides you with the opportunity to collect your event gear early, but allows you to come and meet our generous supporters and vendors!
Race Day Food By Mission BBQ: This year we are excited to announce that Mission BBQ will be offering its menu of incredible BBQ foods for purchase on race day with one hundred percent of the proceeds going towards the Travis Manion 911 Heroes Run. Run or walk and then treat yourself to some great food afterwards! To read about Misson BBQ’s story go to: http://mission-bbq.com/our-story.
Important Information in Preparation for the Travis Manion 911 Heroes Run& Colby Umbrell Fun Run/Walk:
Race weekend is here and we are looking forward to our biggest and best run event yet! Below are some important notes to make the upcoming weekend run as smooth as possible for all of our participants.
DATE OF HEROES RUN: Sunday Sept. 25th
LOCATION: Fonthill Park (please enter the park from Rt. 313)
PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY AS WE HAVE AN UNFORGETTABLE CEREMONY( starting at 1pm) TO HONOR OUR HEROES. WE HAVE PROJECTED 2,500 PLUS PARTICIPANTS THAT HAVE TO GO THROUGH REGISTRATION/PACKET PICKUP! PACKET PICKUP/RACE DAY REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE AT 12:30PM. DUE TO LARGE NUMBERS PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TIME FOR PARKING, TO PICK UP PACKETS, ETC.
IMPORTANT: PACKET PICKUP/RACE DAY REGISTRATION ON RACE DAY/SUNDAY WILL CLOSE AT 12:30PM SHARP IN ORDER TO PREPARE FOR THE CEREMONY AND RUN. WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO PICK UP YOUR PACKET OR REGISTER AT THE EVENT EXPO ON SATURDAY AT CB WEST HIGH SCHOOL (NOTE NEW LOCATION THIS YEAR). IF YOU CHOOSE TO PICK UP YOUR PACKET OR REGISTER ON RACE DAY NOTE THAT REGISTRATION/PACKET PICK-UP WILL OPEN AT FONTHILL AT 10AM AND CLOSE PROMPTLY AT 12:30PM.
**If you are picking up for someone else, please make sure that you have their receipt or all of their information (including preferred t-shirt size).
Saturday, Sept. 24th:
911 Heroes Run EXPO/Packet Pickup/Race Registration at CB West High School Cafeteria from 9am to 4pm. Parking lot and entrance to Expo are on MacFarlane Lane (one way) off of Lafayette Street. * Race pickup at the Expo is strongly recommended.
Sunday, Sept. 25th:
10am: Packet pickup/race registration opens at Fonthill Park
12:30pm: packet pickup/race registration closes
1pm: 911 Heroes Run Ceremony; Colby Umbrell Fun Run/Walk and Travis Manion 911 Heroes Run 5k to immediately follow. Start for both events will take place on Court Street.
Post Race awards for 5k/raffles
Parking: at this point, we have a big crowd of runners/walkers/spectators and more are arriving every day!! Parking will be available at Fonthill Park. Please enter the Park off of Route 313 and volunteers will be happy to direct you to available space. Due to limited parking, please carpool/walk if possible.
Parking for our Wheeled Participants: for our wheeled participants, please make sure that when you enter the race site from Route 313 that you tell our parking volunteers that you are a wheeled participant so that they can direct you to your designated parking area. Volunteers will be available to assist you if you should require it.
Pre-Registration: for those who have already pre-registered for the 5k or fun run/walk event, you still need to check in, collect your bib, etc. at either the Expo/CB West High School on Saturday or on race day until 12:30pm. Due to the large crowds it is strongly suggested that you collect your items at the Expo on Saturday.
You can Still Register! Race Day Registration: for those who are registering for the Colby Umbrell fun run/walk or Travis Manion 5k race this weekend, you can register at the Expo/CB West High School on Saturday or on race morning between 10am and 12:30pm at the registration tent. There will be a separate line where you 1.) fill out your registration form and sign the waiver; 2.) pay; and 3.) pick up your bib, etc.
Awesome 5k Awards & Raffles: there will be a 5k awards ceremony as soon as the 5k run results come in…so don’t run off too quickly! In between 5k award announcements, we will be also broadcasting the winners of our awesome raffle prizes. Each participant will receive one ticket with their race packets and additional chances to win are available for purchase at the Expo and on race day. Raffle items are listed at the end of this message.
Mission BBQ – Finish A Great Day With Awesome Food: This year we are excited to announce that Mission BBQ will be offering its menu of incredible BBQ foods for purchase on race day with one hundred percent of the proceeds going towards the Travis Manion 911 Heroes Run. Run or walk and then treat yourself to some great food afterwards! To read about Misson BBQ’s story go to: http://mission-bbq.com/our-story.
Travis Manion Merchandise, etc. for sale: You will also have the opportunity to purchase Travis Manion Foundation merchandise at both the Expo and on race day while supplies last.
Family Fun Zone: for your youngest Heroes Runners, there will be a FUN ZONE at on race day with mini races, games, etc.
Post –Race Celebration at Doylestown Brewing Company: keep the celebration going at the post-race party held at the Doylestown Brewing Company on East State Street from 4-6pm. A portion of their sales during this time will be donated back to the Heroes Run!
Course Note – 5k: For those that are running/walking the 5k, please note that portions of the route will open one hour after the start time to allow traffic to move through Doylestown. If you still are on the 5k course after one hour, we ask you to finish the 5k up on the sidewalk. This is a safety request from the Central Bucks Regional Police Department as a condition of our race permit approval. Race course workers will remain on the run course to help ensure your safety however please be aware that, after one hour, traffic will resume on portions of the course.
Many Thanks!! Finally, many thanks for all of your help, support, participation and patience…this is going to be a great day where our community members come together to HONOR THE FALLEN BY CHALLENGING THE LIVING!
2016 Heroes Run Raffle Items YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN
- From Doylestown Bike Works – Momentum Street bike complete with a DBW water bottle, Upright rider positioning produces a stable, confident ride quality
- Integrated frame features include built-in cup holder, chain guard, and rear rack to carry cargo
- Upright rider positioning produces a stable, confident ride quality
- Integrated frame features include built-in cup holder, chain guard, and rear rack to carry cargo upright rider positioning produces a stable, confident ride quality •Integrated frame features include built-in cup holder, chain guard, and rear rack to carry cargo, all in a cheerful shade of light green.
- From Tyma Trachtenberg Dental – worth $590, a complete custom teeth whitening system including an office visit for custom tray impressions, an Oral B Smart Series 5000 toothbrush plus tons of other dental goodies.
- From Stockton Fine Wines – summers last hoorah – a basket of Craft Beers from coast to coast: Slyfox Summer edition box set (PA), Dogfish Head Festina Peche (DE), Rambling Route Hard Pear Cider (WA), 21st Ammendment Brewery Hell or High Watermelon (CA) and Victory Brewing Company Cage Radler Lager & Citrus (PA)
- From Chef Kelly Unger, a local farm to table chef – a cooking class for two, valued at $80, learn the basics of cooking with local ingredients, class is customized to your level of experience, diet and cuisine interests.
- Giro youth girls Kaya bike helmet in lavender and white – a $40 value
- From PECO – Streamlight Polystinger LED HazLo rechargeable flashlight
- From Bucks County Orthodontics and Dr. Todd Welsh – $1,000 off an orthodontic treatment
- Travis Manion Foundation gear – valued at $150
- From Sandy Dog Crossfit – 1 month free membership and t-shirt, also offers sports, team and youth athletic training
- Folds of Honor Coolcore mesh baseball hats, one for you and one for your favorite buddy, one in gray, one in black, moisture wicking and cooling technology in one smart looking hat, an $80 value. Folds of Honor provides educational scholarships to the children and spouses of those killed or disabled while serving our nation – “In the folded flag we see the heavy price of freedom.” – “Honoring their sacrifice, educating their legacy.”
From Villanova University – Nova Nation
A Championship team signed cover of Sports Illustrated AND two tickets to a game of your choice at the Wells Fargo Center
Bidding has begun at $100 and increases must be in $10 increments
Race Proceeds Benefiting