Coordinator, Annual Fund
Senior Manager, Annual Fund
In collaboration with the Sr. Manager of Annual Fund, the Annual Fund Coordinator works for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of Annual Fund donors (donors giving $25 - $9,999). This position manages donation data and the gift acknowledgment process for Annual Fund donors, ensuring that all Annual Fund donors receive timely and accurate acknowledgements and recognition and all benefits to which they are entitled, while also providing administrative support to the Development team. The Annual Fund coordinator will also assist in micro donor campaigns to include monthly giving, matching giving, CFC, and online donation.
The Annual Fund Coordinator will be a remote position, but can work from one of TMF’s national offices in Doylestown or Philadelphia, PA; Houston, TX; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; or San Diego, CA.
About Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1stLt Travis Manion was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Senior Manager, Annual Fund to coordinate and plan all aspects of TMF’s Annual Fund campaigns, including the creation of print and electronic collateral materials and coordination of their design and production.
- Identify individual Annual Fund prospects and conduct research necessary to determine donor interest and giving potential to support annual operations.
- Prepare correspondence for Annual Fund donors, including solicitation, pledge confirmation and timely gift acknowledgments.
- Arrange, conduct and/or coordinate face-to-face meetings with existing and prospective Annual Fund donors.
- Plan and manage stewardship and recognition activities for Annual Fund donors (i.e. create a new donor welcome package for micro donor segments)
- Maintain accuracy of donor tracking systems related to Annual Fund donors and prospective donors.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Annual Fund and Chief Development Director in implementing strategies to upgrade existing Annual Fund donors to major and/or planned gift donors.
- Identify and recommend methods to update, simplify, and enhance processes, procedures, and technologies.
- Works with program staff and other organization departments to ensure donor data integrity and accurate information input and reporting.
- Oversee donor acknowledgment process.
- Bachelor’s degree required; some previous experience in fundraising in a non-profit or development setting preferred.
- Experience in prospecting preferred.
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Occasional travel required (20% or less of time depending on work location).
- Communication, Oral and Written- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and communicate with others through writing clearly and concisely.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and help direct a project to completion.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
For the third consecutive year, Travis Manion Foundation was recognized as a top 10 “Best Nonprofit to Work for” by the Nonprofit Times, as well as the #1 veteran nonprofit to work for.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. TMF offers a benefits package, which includes medical and dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance and participation in our 401(k) program, to name a few. Other perks of being on the team include: an unlimited PTO policy and a generous holiday schedule that includes a full week paid time off between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day; an annual, 2-day leadership and staff development training; additional personal and professional development opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TMF is committed to an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect, dignity and equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, age, genetic information, marital and partnership status, familial status, alienage or citizenship status, handicap, disability or perceived disability, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, consumer credit status, unemployment status, caregiver status, victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, military and veteran status and any other category protected by federal, state, city and local laws.
At TMF, one of our main priorities is to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as real value for our leaders, staff, board, members and those we serve. Many of the greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter (with salary requirements) describing his or her background as it relates to the position description. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a final candidate is selected. Submit all information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
**No phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications, TMF cannot notify applicants of the status of their applications unless an interview is requested.