Full Time - Exempt
Chief Operating Officer
The Data Analyst executes and analyzes TMF’s program evaluation and impact strategy to include an annual member survey and case studies; post-event surveys, student surveys following our Character Does Matter program and community impact case studies. This position will support all departments with analyzing data. The ideal candidate has experience in creating logic models, designing/executing surveys, analyzing data, critical thinking, and writing technical reports.
This position will operate from Travis Manion Foundation’s Headquarters in Doylestown, PA or regional office in Philadelphia, PA.
About Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1stLt Travis Manion was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
Duties and responsibilities
An ideal candidate for this role has experience in evaluation techniques, as well as experience analyzing data. (S)he has the ability to research common outcome measurements and establish the appropriate methodology to evaluate TMF’s impact. This role will be responsible for writing impact reports, in partnership with TMF’s Communication Department, to clearly communicate the impact that TMF has on its members, program participants, and local communities. This candidate possesses a data-driven approach to decision-making with a focus on metrics, outcomes, and results. The Data Analyst will work closely with TMF’s COO and Database & Evaluation Manager to employ TMF’s evaluation strategy to measure and communicate the multi-level impact that TMF has on the mental health & well-being of veterans and families of the fallen, the impact that Veteran Mentors have on youth, and the impact that TMF members have on the local community. This includes program evaluation to ensure that each initiative is meeting its intended goal, as well as the cumulative impact that being an engaged member and participant, has on the individual. This role requires good organization and exceptional project management skills. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Review and update TMF Logic Models annually to ensure that each initiative’s goals are clearly articulated, measured and are an important component of the overall impact that TMF has on its members and participants
- Drive efforts to measure social impact on communities we serve and to recommend course of action to ensure that impact is sustainable and scalable;
- Develop and manage the design, implementation and analysis of evaluation and survey processes;
- Conduct interviews and case studies with members and program participants
- Lead ongoing qualitative evaluation of our program impact through a variety of methods including: surveys, focus groups, and interviews with veterans, volunteers, and key partners;
- Support all TMF departments with analyzing data
- Communicate the findings to TMF leadership and other staff.
- Passionate about the mission and impact of TMF
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience serving in a role that requires data analysis
- Proficient computer skills, including statistical software tools, Qualtrics, Excel, and general comfort with technology
- Familiarity with databases including Salesforce is strongly preferred
- Experience with data wrangling tools such as Alteryx is preferred
- Proficient visualization and storytelling skills using tools such as Tableau is preferred
- Some ability and experience with Python or similar scripting languages is a plus
- Experience in evaluation strategies, social research, program evaluation and/or outcomes measurement;
- Disciplined AND creative. Experience with analytical techniques and how to convert data results into actionable findings
- Exceptional written skills to include technical writing such as impact reports; ability to summarize technical details to a non-technical audience
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-reliant, initiative driven and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Flexibility in work hours and dedication to mission accomplishment;
- Able to work individually and collaboratively;
- Enjoy a fun, impact-minded working environment;
- Military service is a plus.
Earlier this year, Travis Manion Foundation was recognized as a top 10 “Best Nonprofit to Work for” by the Nonprofit Times.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. TMF offers a benefits package, which includes medical and dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life, and participation in our 401(k) program, to name a few. In addition, we have an attractive PTO policy along with holidays and paid paternal leave.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter describing his or her background as it related to the position description with salary expectations. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a final candidate is selected. Submit all information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travis Manion Foundation encourages all qualified candidates to apply. TMF is an equal opportunity employer. Please no phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications, TMF cannot notify applicants of the status of their applications unless an interview is requested.