Chief Development Officer
The Development Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing the management and execution of TMF’s grants schedule along with specific development campaigns. This role involves identifying and researching grant sources that will support TMF goals, mission, and vision. In addition to grant responsibilities, the individual will be heavily involved in researching, analyzing, and reporting for all campaigns within the TMF development team. This includes but is not limited to, managing incoming requests, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of Development reporting and analytics, managing TMF’s primary donors and specified giving campaigns.
This position will work from TMF's office in one of the following locations: Philadelphia, Doylestown, Washington D.C., Raleigh, or Atlanta.
About the Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen heroes to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1st Lt. Travis Manion (USMC) was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates.
Today, Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
- Conducts prospect research - exploration, qualification, relationship, and closing
- Spearheads all aspects of the grant writing process, including coordination with other TMF departments on outcome measurements; compilation and final grant reports; and stewardship of grantors to solidify future partnerships
- Gathers required data to ensure that metrics are met and communicated to the grantor
- Utilizes available tools and databases such as Donor Search and Salesforce to accurately and consistently document information to meet departmental requirements.
- Ensures data integrity of all reporting processes currently in effect for Development department
- Provides accurate and measurable reports unique to donor segmentations
- Identify and recommend methods to update, simplify, and enhance processes, procedures, and technologies.
- Works with program staff and other organization departments to ensure donor data integrity and accurate information input and reporting
- Oversee donor acknowledgment process
- Writing sample required (grant application form).
- Bachelor’s degree required; previous experience in grant writing or related writing experience in a non-profit, fundraising or development setting.
- Experience in prospecting, managing a grant calendar and relevant data
- Familiarity with grant platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge in prospect development
- Proficiency and ability to learn and utilize various types of computer-based software (Salesforce, Google Drive, Microsoft Office)
- Ability to work with a team on a consistent basis as well as lead own projects
- Occasional travel required
In a report released by Best Nonprofits in April 2019, TMF was recognized as a top 10 “Best Nonprofit to Work For.” The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. TMF offers a benefits package, which includes medical and dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life and participation in our 401(k) program, to name a few. In addition, we have an attractive PTO policy along with holidays and paid paternal leave.
- Qualified candidates should submit a resume and salary requirements, and a cover letter describing his or her background as it relates to the position description
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis
- Submit all information via email to email@example.com with the position title "Development Manager" in the subject line.
**No phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications, TMF cannot notify applicants of the status of their applications unless an interview is requested. TMF is an equal opportunity employer.