Director, Digital Marketing
Chief Strategic Communications Officer
The Director of Digital Marketing will lead a team of 3 staff members to develop a cohesive and measurable digital strategy to advance TMF’s marketing objectives. The position will oversee all external digital marketing channels including social media, the website, and digital advertisement, and will collaborate with other members of the marketing team—particularly those in PR, communications, and branding—as well as colleagues across the organization.
In this role, you will build and implement TMF’s digital strategy to meet key objectives around retention and recruitment of volunteers and supporters, increased brand awareness, and the smooth integration of internal platforms and processes.
A candidate for this role has a breadth of technical knowledge and expertise in cutting-edge digital tools and platforms, creative prospecting strategies and end-to-end user experience. You are passionate about finding innovative solutions to complex challenges. You are not afraid to try new approaches, and always measure your performance intelligently and adjust your strategy for your next attempt at problem-solving.
The Digital Marketing Director will be based out of one of TMF’s regional headquarters offices in San Diego, CA, Houston, TX, Chicago, IL, Atlanta, GA, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA or Doylestown, PA. Of these, the Pennsylvania locations are preferred. There will be opportunities for remote work as well. The list of duties and responsibilities below does not cover the full scope of the position but serves to illustrate some of the areas of emphasis for the position.
About Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1stLt Travis Manion was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Digital Strategy Development & Management of Digital Platforms
- Plans and executes all web, SEO/SEM, search and display ads and ad campaigns; oversees execution of TMF’s social media, which is managed by a direct report
- Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing campaigns against goals; optimizes strategies and improves ad spend based on these performance reports
- Identifies trends and insights in digital marketing, evaluates emerging technologies, and makes evidence-based decisions about the platforms, tools, and approaches that TMF will pursue
- Utilizes strong analytical ability to evaluate user experience across multiple channels (site, social, ads) and identifies critical conversion and drop-off points throughout this pipeline.
- Leverages TMF’s existing platforms and services to enhance user’s digital experience and improve tracking and conversions. Platforms include but are not limited to: Salesforce CRM, Classy (fundraising tool), Salesforce Communities (for online learning at TMF), Good United (for increased fundraising on social media)
- Identifies creative opportunities for enriching how TMF members experience TMF virtually, and thinks through how these experiences can be executed; this may include online seminars, conferences, and events.
Team Leadership, Relationship Management and Administrative Duties
- Lead three team members (two of which are direct reports) by providing guidance, support, growth opportunities, and strategic direction.
- Liaise with external, contracted agencies that will help deliver on the digital strategy; must be able to identify other potential partners and agencies to work with to further TMF’s marketing goals
- Assist in the planning and management of a digital marketing budget
- other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree; minimum of 6 years of or experience in digital marketing and advertising; Advertising or marketing agency experience a strong plus
- A hunger for knowledge around digital experiences and the ability and motivation to teach oneself (and one’s team) in order to deepen that knowledge and widen TMF’s digital footprint
- Ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and work flexibly and efficiently.
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced environment that values creativity, candor, initiative, reliability and accountability; must be able to intelligently prioritize, multi-task and have the initiative to drive change
- Proven ability to collaborate both within and across departments to meet shared marketing objectives
- Must be dedicated to the foundation’s mission and has a passion for service/community development
For the third consecutive year, Travis Manion Foundation was recognized as a top 10 “Best Nonprofit to Work for” by the Nonprofit Times, as well as the #1 veteran nonprofit to work for.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. TMF offers a benefits package, which includes medical and dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance and participation in our 401(k) program, to name a few. Other perks of being on the team include: an unlimited PTO policy and a generous holiday schedule that includes a full week paid time off between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day; an annual, 2-day leadership and staff development training; additional personal and professional development opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TMF is committed to an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect, dignity and equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, age, genetic information, marital and partnership status, familial status, alienage or citizenship status, handicap, disability or perceived disability, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, consumer credit status, unemployment status, caregiver status, victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, military and veteran status and any other category protected by federal, state, city and local laws.
At TMF, one of our main priorities is to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as real value for our leaders, staff, board, members and those we serve. Many of the greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter (with salary requirements) describing his or her background as it relates to the position description. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a final candidate is selected. Submit all information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
**No phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications, TMF cannot notify applicants of the status of their applications unless an interview is requested.