Manager, Digital Marketing
Director, Digital Marketing
The Digital Marketing Manager will work with a tight-knit, collaborative team to enhance marketing initiatives. The position has an active role in planning, coordinating, and implementing strategic digital marketing initiatives, with primary emphasis on leading TMF’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and (to a lesser degree) Tik Tok. Candidates are passionate about telling powerful stories and finding creative approaches to engaging with our members digitally and inspiring them to take action in our community and events.
In this role, you will set the strategy for TMF’s social media initiatives: developing innovative content and increasing awareness of the TMF brand. You will lead digital campaigns to activate donors, volunteers and supporters that will require thorough technical expertise of social media platforms and the tools that integrate with them. You will assist the marketing team’s efforts to fulfill requests from key corporate and philanthropic partners and support our internal staff with analysis of our digital performance and some basic creative and design needs. You will also lead one staff member who will assist in execution of social media and digital strategies.
The Digital Marketing Manager will be based out TMF’s Philadelphia satellite or Doylestown, PA (headquarters) office. There will be some opportunities for remote work as well. The list of duties and responsibilities below does not cover the full scope of the position but serves to illustrate some of the areas of emphasis for the position
About the Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1stLt Travis Manion was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Management of TMF Social Media Strategy & Platforms
- Lead social media content development & strategy for multiple objectives: online fundraising, brand awareness, volunteer recruitment, event and program participation, storytelling and impact-sharing, etc. This includes the development of copy as well as graphics.
- Champion, maintain and refresh (as needed) brand voice and identity on social media, design templates, brand standards and internal training resources.
- Build and manage on-line campaigns across multiple channels to drive awareness and increase membership
- Remain up-to-date on social media marketing trends and proactively recommend new programs, tactics, campaigns or platforms to enhance and grow our digital presence and keep the TMF at the forefront of developments in digital marketing
Research, Analytics, and Tools
- Develop and maintain standardized performance-tracking practices that closely monitor TMF’s presence on social media, the performance of ads and sponsored content, the growth of followers and engagement, etc.
- Manage digital tools that track, streamline, and integrate with TMF social media including but not limited to: HootSuite, Loomly, Shopify, and Creator Studio. Candidates must have thorough knowledge of additional tools including Microsoft and Google Suites, Adobe Photoshop, Classy, and Canva.
Digital Advertising & Campaigns
- Execute the strategy for digital and display ads set by the Director of Digital Marketing (i.e. ads outside of social media)
- Serve as TMF’s point of contact for agencies working on social and digital ads, communicating budget, goals, and direction and providing feedback as needed.
- Review performance of ads regularly (with support from TMF’s analytics team) to optimize ads and troubleshoot tracking issues whenever needed.
- Develop creative and sharp graphics for social media and other digital platforms across TMF
- Lead one team member who will support in execution of social media strategy and lead community management on TMF social media pages
- Manage the social media budget, providing regular reports to the Director of Digital Marketing and Chief Strategic Communications Officer
- Bachelor’s Degree; minimum of 4 years of related experience within digital marketing, social media, communications, etc.
- Excellent writing, editing and proof reading skills;
- Creative communication skills and a thorough understanding of the latest trends and best practices in online marketing, social media, and performance measures
- Ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and work flexibly and efficiently.
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced environment that values creativity, self-motivation, candor, initiative, reliability and accountability with an ability to prioritize, multi-task and the initiative to drive change
- Must be dedicated to the foundation’s mission and has a passion for service/community development
- Experience in graphic design an added benefit
- Advertising or marketing agency experience a strong plus
For the third consecutive year, Travis Manion Foundation was recognized as a top 10 “Best Nonprofit to Work for” by the Nonprofit Times, as well as the #1 veteran nonprofit to work for.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. TMF offers a benefits package, which includes medical and dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance and participation in our 401(k) program, to name a few. Other perks of being on the team include: an unlimited PTO policy and a generous holiday schedule that includes a full week paid time off between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day; an annual, 2-day leadership and staff development training; additional personal and professional development opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TMF is committed to an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect, dignity and equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, age, genetic information, marital and partnership status, familial status, alienage or citizenship status, handicap, disability or perceived disability, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, consumer credit status, unemployment status, caregiver status, victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, military and veteran status and any other category protected by federal, state, city and local laws.
At TMF, one of our main priorities is to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as real value for our leaders, staff, board, members and those we serve. Many of the greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter (with salary requirements) describing his or her background as it relates to the position description. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a final candidate is selected. Submit all information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
**No phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications, TMF cannot notify applicants of the status of their applications unless an interview is requested.