Full Time - Exempt
The Executive Assistant provides direct administrative support and personal assistance to the President. This is a Manager level position that requires previous experience as an executive assistant. This position operates from Travis Manion Foundation’s Headquarters and will require the individual to reside within driving distance of Doylestown, PA.
About Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1stLt Travis Manion was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide administrative support as well as personal assistance to the president
- Serve as a “gatekeeper” for the President; coordinate events, calls, and meetings (internal and external) with appropriate POC’s.
- Prepare and maintain a weekly and monthly calendar for the president
- Help prioritize tasks and ensure the president is meeting necessary deadlines
- Join various meetings and calls (internal and external) to record relevant information
- Manage email and written correspondence, including president’s pseudo account
- Assist the president and COO with communicating with TMF’s Board of Directors
- Attend in-person meetings and join calls to record minutes for Chairman of the Board
- Conduct research and communicate with external organizations in order to prepare the president for speaking events, meetings and potential funders
- Make all travel and meeting arrangements including reconciling monthly travel expenses
- Provide support to president with social media accounts
- Collaborate with Development Team for donor-specific tasks related to the president
- Assist President with account management process through Salesforce
- Coordinate with PR Firm for media opportunities and provide logistical support to president
- Work with Marketing & Communication team on logistics relating to The Resilient Life Podcast
- Support president on any special projects or special events as directed
- Provide support to Chairman Emeritus as needed
- Passionate about the mission and impact of TMF
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as executive assistant
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and G- Suite (Google Mail, Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets)
- Salesforce experience strongly preferred
- Marketing/ Social Media background is preferred
- Must be self-reliant, initiative driven and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Flexibility in work hours, including some evening and weekend work
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work collaboratively and as part of a team
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the role
Earlier this year, Travis Manion Foundation was recognized as a top 10 “Best Nonprofit to Work for” by the Nonprofit Times.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. TMF offers a benefits package, which includes medical and dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life and participation in our 401(k) program, to name a few. In addition, we have an attractive PTO policy along with holidays and paid parental leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TMF is committed to an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect, dignity and equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, age, genetic information, marital and partnership status, familial status, alienage or citizenship status, handicap, disability or perceived disability, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, consumer credit status, unemployment status, caregiver status, victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, military and veteran status and any other category protected by federal, state, city and local laws.
At TMF, one of our main priorities is to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as real value for our leaders, staff, board, members and those we serve. Many of the greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter (with salary requirements) describing his or her background as it relates to the position description. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a final candidate is selected. Submit all information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
**No phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications, TMF cannot notify applicants of the status of their applications unless an interview is requested.