The Coordinator of Membership will support the daily administrative duties associated with all areas of Travis Manion Foundation’s member relations under the Membership department. Responsibilities will include assisting the Manager of Membership in the implementation, support and engagement of the Spartan Leadership Program, as well as supporting additional event execution including but not limited to Expeditions, Summits, and member initiatives. This position requires excellent communication skills, attention to detail, organization, the ability to work with others in a team, and in a one on one environment.
This position operates from one of Travis Manion Foundation’s Regional Offices with preferred locations in Atlanta and Houston. Remote locations may be considered.
About the Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1stLt Travis Manion was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Spartan Leadership Program
- Assists the Manager of Membership in overseeing the program and event execution for the Spartan Leadership Program.
- Manage all program-related administrative and clerical needs including informing/updating weekly announcements, pre- post- and monthly surveys, print and electronic communications, and any additional tasks necessary for programmatic success.
- Responsible for overall travel logistics and coordination to include air, hotel, meeting rooms, restaurant and catering reservations.
- Responsible for the ordering and distribution of program resources
- Serves as the second point of contact for program participants to streamline communication, troubleshoot issues, and support through the process.
- Travel 20% of the time to support events as required. Some night and weekend work required.
Membership Coordination and Execution
- Support additional event execution including but not limited to Expeditions, Summits, and member initiatives
- Works with the Managers of Membership to develop, execute, and assess TMF programs.
- Engage the community to increase support for TMF programs.
- Complete other projects and tasks as assigned to support larger organizational efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; minimum of 2 years’ work experience in education, human services, social work, non-profit, administration or a related field preferred.
- Event management skills and/or experience preferred.
- Works with attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and professional customer service-skills; self-reliant and initiative-driven, while still being an effective and collaborative team member.
- Remains focused and efficient in the face of pressure, delivers results with timelines; not intimidated by complex tasks, challenging timelines, or a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communicator with exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce and other systems used to manage program-related data.
- Energetic, self-starter, and positive attitude with dedication to the mission of the Travis Manion Foundation and a passion for service and community development.
Earlier this year, Travis Manion Foundation was recognized as a top 10 “Best Nonprofit to Work for” by the Nonprofit Times.
The salary for this position is $40k. TMF offers a benefits package, which includes medical and dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life and participation in our 401(k) program, to name a few. In addition, we have a flexible PTO policy along with holidays and paid parental leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TMF is committed to an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect, dignity and equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, age, genetic information, marital and partnership status, familial status, alienage or citizenship status, handicap, disability or perceived disability, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, consumer credit status, unemployment status, caregiver status, victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, military and veteran status and any other category protected by federal, state, city and local laws.
At TMF, one of our main priorities is to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as real value for our leaders, staff, board, members and those we serve. Many of the greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter (with salary requirements) describing his or her background as it relates to the position description. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a final candidate is selected. Submit all information via email to email@example.com
**No phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications, TMF cannot notify applicants of the status of their applications unless an interview is requested.