Position TypeFull-time (Exempt)
The Manager of Member Development will manage and provide administrative support to all aspects of member relations within TMF. Responsibilities will include assisting in the development and the implementation of initiatives that establish, support, and engage TMF members nationally as well as play a critical role in developing interactive curriculum and programs that aim to develop both current and emerging members within the organization with a particular focus on character and leadership. The Manager of Member Development will fall within the Programs Department reporting to Senior Director, Membership.
Preferred locations Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Raleigh, Atlanta, or Houston.
About Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1st Lt Travis Manion was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
- Developing and organizing membership programs and activities that support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Develop and implement strategies for retention of existing members and the recruitment of new members, including the creation of new member benefits and regular solicitation of member feedback.
- Oversees program and event execution for membership activities.
- Develop and manage the evaluation process to assess strengths and identify areas for improvement for member services.
- Coordinate and manage all member print and electronic communications to maximize the impact of messages and appeals for their support or participation.
- Identify creative ways to engage existing and attract prospective members through new and existing organizational offerings.
- Oversees membership customer service process or systems.
- Develop professional communities leveraging multiple approaches (e.g., virtual, cohort-based, networked, etc.).
- Manages member recognition program.
Leadership Development Program:
- Responsible for the overall management and execution of TMF’s personal development leadership program.
- Align curriculum and member experience with the organization’s overall business goals.
- Assess training options and make recommendations on which to use for the program.
- Identify facilitators for the program. Cultivate the relationships to retain facilitators.
- Coordinator sessions and prepare facilitators for instruction.
- Manage contracts and relationships with external vendors and facilitators as required.
- Lead the selection process to identify the best candidates to participate in the program.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for SLP participants to streamline communication, troubleshoot issues, and support through the process.
- Consistently evaluate program materials to ensure they are current and applicable
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure program goals are achieved.
- Complete other projects and tasks as assigned to support larger organizational efforts.
- Occasional travel to support programs and events as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with preferred work experience in nonprofit management, program management, leadership, human services, education, hospitality or related field.
- 4+ years of professional experience with a demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service and to lead and balance work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Event management skills and/or experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, flexible and collaborative with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability with facilitating and presenting to committees and groups.
- Remains focused and efficient in the face of pressure, delivers results with timelines; not intimidated by complex tasks, challenging timelines, or a fast-paced work environment
- Energetic, self-starter, and positive attitude with a dedication to the mission of the Travis Manion Foundation and a passion for service and community development.
Earlier this year, Travis Manion Foundation was recognized as a top 10 “Best Nonprofit to Work for” by the Nonprofit Times. The salary for this position is $50k to $60k, commensurate with experience and based on location. TMF offers a benefits package, which includes medical and dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life and participation in our 401(k) program, to name a few. In addition, we have an attractive PTO policy along with holidays and paid paternal leave.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter describing his or her background as it related to the position description. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Submit all information via email to email@example.com.
**No phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications, TMF cannot notify applicants of the status of their applications unless an interview is requested.