Manager, Mid-Atlantic Region
Senior Manager, Mid-Atlantic Region
The Mid-Atlantic Region Manager will oversee the delivery, program implementation, and expansion of Travis Manion Foundation’s programs regionally, including TMF’s youth development program – Character Does Matter – and support of national TMF programs and events. The manager is responsible for planning TMF activities and events, increasing engagement levels of TMF volunteers, and maintaining and building relationships to amplify the work of TMF and contribute to the foundation’s overall mission of unifying communities across America.
This position operates in DC with travel throughout the District, Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia. This position will require travel at least 20% of the time.
About the Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1stLt Travis Manion was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Increase the number of programmatic activities within the region through chapter establishment/maintenance and volunteer engagement.
- Innovate methods to increase volunteer engagement, provide worthwhile opportunities to members, and solve for gaps in the volunteer pipeline.
- Serve as a support to local chapters, which may also include identifying chapter leaders, attending chapter events, and providing resources and guidance to chapters for executing events.
- Coordination of all TMF Character Does Matter program-related events and oversees quality control for regional programs to improve local operations.
- Reviewing and analyzing reports; summarizing information; identifying trends
- Collects stories that show TMF as the leader in the character (leadership and service) space.
- Tracks all data associated with programs: including CDM metrics, survey evaluations, event activities, etc. Prepares reports on volunteer and student impact for management.
- Leverage marketing and communication channels for outreach, promotion, and recruitment to support TMF events (i.e. social media posts, videos, flyers).
National Engagement Support
- Serve as the local regional contact for TMF to ensure successful execution of those events (i.e. Operation Legacy, Heroes Run, Expeditions, Spartan Leadership Program, Manion WOD, and independent fundraisers.)
- Support TMF national events by identifying possible leaders, recruiting volunteers, connecting with local leaders to cultivate deeper relationships, provide TMF resources when requested, attend local events, etc.
- Updating weekly reports, completing feedback forms, and after-action reports
- Manages and tracks program expenses to maintain budget for the region.
- Some after-hours/weekend work. Travel at least 20%.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree; minimum of 4 years’ work experience in education, human services, social work, or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and disparate operations and individuals
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite, familiar with Salesforce (or similar databases) and systems for managing program-related data
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and customer service-skills; must be self-reliant and initiative-driven, while still being an effective and collaborative team member
- Excellent and persuasive communicator with exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills
- Remains focused and efficient in the face of pressure, delivers results with timelines; not intimidated by complex tasks, challenging timelines, or a fast-paced work environment
- Energetic, flexible, and proactive with dedication to the mission of the Travis Manion Foundation and a passion for service and community development.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. TMF offers a benefits package, which includes medical and dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance and participation in our 401(k) program, to name a few. In addition, we have an attractive PTO policy along with holidays and paid parental leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Earlier this year, Travis Manion Foundation was recognized as a top 10 “Best Nonprofit to Work for” by the Nonprofit Times.
TMF is committed to an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect, dignity and equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, age, genetic information, marital and partnership status, familial status, alienage or citizenship status, handicap, disability or perceived disability, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, consumer credit status, unemployment status, caregiver status, victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, military and veteran status and any other category protected by federal, state, city and local laws.
At TMF, one of our main priorities is to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as real value for our leaders, staff, board, members and those we serve. Many of the greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter (with salary requirements) describing his or her background as it relates to the position description. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a final candidate is selected. Submit all information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
**No phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications, TMF cannot notify applicants of the status of their applications unless an interview is requested.**