The Midwest Region Coordinator will support the daily operations associated with the Travis Manion Foundation’s youth character development programs - Character Does Matter (CDM) presentation, Character Leader Courses (CLC), and regional service projects - within the region. The PC will introduce TMF and CDM programming to youth organizations, school administrators, sports groups, and students and continue to deepen existing relationships. The coordinator will also coordinate events (socials, service projects, and character seminars) that help connect our Veterans and civilian communities in positive ways. The coordinator will provide the Midwest Region Manager all required logistical and administrative support.
This position operates from Travis Manion Foundation’s Chicago office and surrounding areas.
About the Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1st Lt Travis Manion was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Coordination and Execution
- Plans and organizes logistics for all TMF CDM program-related events, including but not limited to: volunteer trainings, mentor presentations, leadership courses, speaking engagements, training seminars, informational sessions, service projects, national engagement programs, etc.
- Works closely with the Midwest Region Manager to develop, execute, and assess a local strategy for best delivering TMF programs and provides insight on the resources required by that strategy.
- Engage volunteer pool to increase support for TMF programs; this includes teachers, administrators, community partners, other charitable organizations, youth groups, etc
- Oversees quality control of the program throughout the region and provides input on how to improve local operations
- Manages program inventory and equipment. Assembles, organizes and sends all supplies and materials to remote volunteers and program-delivery sites as required
- Identifies and connects with new youth organizations and groups
- Seeks out opportunities - tabling events, career fairs, conferences, networking events, ect - to recruit new ambassadors, mentors, and inspired civilians to participate in TMF events.
- Shares content and engaging posts, stories, and videos on program impact through social media, videos, flyers, etc to create buzz around TMF programming.
- Implement and maintain online marketing strategies through various social media platforms – regional facebook pages, chapter pages, Instagram, twitter, blogs, etc
- Responsible for all program-related clerical needs including informing/updating weekly reports, completing feedback forms and after action reports, updating information on various various databases and systems (ie Salesforce, Dropbox, Classy, Formstack).
- Records, tracks and manages all data associated with CDM metrics, survey evaluations, event activities, etc. Prepares reports on volunteer and student impact for management.
- Provide support as needed to the National Engagement Programs team to ensure the successful execution of Operation Legacy, Heroes’ Run, and Expeditions.
- Events are, with a few exceptions, within the region and will require some after-hours and weekend work. Periodic travel.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree; minimum of 2 years’ work experience in education, human services, social work, or a related field.
- Self-starter with outstanding attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and professional customer service-skills;
- Must be self-reliant and initiative-driven, while still being an effective and collaborative team member; Energetic, flexible, and proactive
- Remains focused and efficient in the face of pressure, delivers results with timelines; not intimidated by complex tasks, challenging timelines, or a fast-paced work environment
- Dedicated to the foundation’s mission and has a passion for service/community development
- Familiar with Microsoft Suite, Salesforce and other systems used to manage program related data.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and demonstration of previous successes. TMF offers medical benefits, paid vacation days and a 401k plan.
• Qualified candidates should submit a resume, three professional references, and a cover letter describing his or her background as it relates to the position description
• Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis
• Submit all information to: email@example.com