Northeast Communications Intern
Northeast Regional Manager
TMF Northeast Regional Office
2401 Walnut St
Remote work is a strong possibility in light of COVID-19 considerations.
The TMF Communications Intern will support virtual content strategy, scripting/filming/editing, and content lifecycle management, for TMF’s Character Does Matter veteran-youth mentorship initiative’s asynchronous content. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is essential to this position.
Through the course of a semester-long internship, the Communications Intern will work on 2-3 digital media or video projects and/or communications campaigns, under the supervision and coaching of TMF’s Project Manager and Regional Team members.
Key development objectives can be tailored to individual interns’ degree plans, with a particular focus on journalism, media production and strategic communications degree internship course requirements. The Communications Intern will work under TMF’s project management framework and will have many opportunities to produce creative content as part of ongoing communications campaigns. TMF has an array of high-quality digital media tools and applications available for intern use.
This position operates from Travis Manion Foundation’s Philadelphia office and will consist of 10-15 hours per week based on internship course requirements, with flexible work schedules decided upon prior to the start of the internship.
About the Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) empowers veterans and families of fallen heroes to develop character in future generations. In 2007, 1stLt Travis Manion (USMC) was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Today, Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..."
Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation's heroes live on in the next generation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Content Strategy and Execution
- Work closely with TMF’s Regional Team to design a content strategy and supporting digital media project plans based on existing projects or new projects- agreed upon at the start of the internship
- Develop and edit high-quality video and multimedia content related to designed content strategy
- Work within TMF’s Project Management Framework, rooted in PMBOK Methodology
- Solicit feedback from program constituents and stakeholders to improve operations
- Pursuing Bachelor’s in communications, marketing, journalism or related field
- Must be receiving college credit for this internship from home institution, TMF can work with you to draft an internship plan and learning objectives meeting your program’s criteria for internship credit
- Connection to and a basic understanding of the military and veteran community preferred
- Basic experience with Adobe Creative Suite; experience with audio/video hardware and applications
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and customer service-skills; must be self-reliant and initiative-driven, while still being an effective and collaborative team member
- Excellent and persuasive communicator with exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills
- Energetic, flexible, and proactive with a dedication to the mission of the Travis Manion Foundation and a passion for service and community development
This internship is unpaid, but a small monthly internship stipend is available.
Qualified candidates for this position should submit a resume, cover letter and creative sample, describing his or her background as relates to this position, to the Northeast team at Northeast@travismanion.org.