Senior Manager, Northeast
The NE Region Manager (RM) will assist with the delivery, program implementation, and expansion of Travis Manion Foundation’s youth character development programs – Character Does Matter and service projects – within the region. The RM will support TMF national engagement programs to include the promotion of and participation in 9/11 Heroes Runs, Operation Legacy, and service expeditions in the region. The RM is responsible for planning TMF activities and events, increasing engagement levels of TMF volunteers, and maintaining and building relationships to amplify the work of TMF and contribute to the foundation’s overall mission of unifying communities across America.
This position operates from Travis Manion Foundation’s Northeast Regional Office, in Center City Philadelphia, with regular travel throughout Pennsylvania and the tri-state area.
About the Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen heroes to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1stLt Travis Manion (USMC) was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Today, Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Outreach and Expansion
- Assist with increasing the number of programmatic activities within the region through chapter establishment and Spartan member engagement.
- Innovate methods to increase volunteer engagement, provide worthwhile opportunities to members, and solve for gaps in the volunteer pipeline.
- Serve as the principal liaison for local chapters, which may also include identifying chapter leaders, attending chapter events, and providing resources to chapters for executing events.
- Provides guidance for the coordination of TMF CDM program-related events and oversee quality control for regional programs to improve local operations.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing reports; summarizing information; identifying trends
- Collects stories that show TMF as the leader in the character (leadership and service) space.
National Engagement Support
- Serve as the local regional contact for Operation Legacy, Heroes’ Run, and Expedition teams to National Engagement Programs to ensure successful execution of those events
- Grow member driven Operation Legacy community service projects in the Philadelphia and Pittsburgh target markets
- Work closely with 12 Regional 9/11 Heroes Run Race Directors to grow and improve their local 5K run events, in terms of attendees, engagement and sponsorship
- Support TMF national events by identifying possible leaders, recruiting volunteers, connecting with local leaders to cultivate deeper relationships, provide TMF resources when requested, attend local events hosted, etc.
Miscellaneous Activities (as needed)
- Shares content about program impact through social media posts, videos, flyers.
- Updating weekly reports, completing feedback forms, and after action reports
- Tracks all data associated with regional Spartans: including CDM metrics, survey evaluations, event activities, etc. Prepares reports on volunteer and student impact for management.
- Manages and tracks program expenses to maintain budget for the region.
- Attend regional events, as required, with some after-hours/weekend work. Periodic travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree; minimum of 3 years’ work experience in education, human services, social work, or a related field
- Knowledge of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia military and veteran communities is a plus
- Military experience and/or strong military connection is highly sought after
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and disparate operations and individuals
- Demonstrated skill in proactively building and maintaining high-impact relationships
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite, familiar with Salesforce (or similar databases) and systems for managing program related data
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and customer service-skills; must be self-reliant and initiative-driven, while still being an effective and collaborative team member
- Excellent and persuasive communicator with exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills
- Remains focused and efficient in the face of pressure, delivers results with timelines; not intimidated by complex tasks, challenging timelines, or a fast-paced work environment
- Energetic, flexible, and proactive with dedication to the mission of the Travis Manion Foundation and a passion for service and community development.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $55,000 range. TMF offers medical benefits, paid vacation days and a 401k plan.
Qualified candidates for this position should submit a resume, three references, and a cover letter, in PDF format, describing his or her background as relates to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject line: “First Name Last Name Northeast Manager Application.”