Coordinator, Pacific Northwest Region
The Pacific Northwest Region Program Coordinator will support the daily operations associated with Travis Manion Foundation’s programmatic initiatives. The coordinator will focus on the implementation and coordination efforts to deliver and scale TMF’s youth character development program - Character Does Matter (CDM). With guidance from the Northwest Regional Manager, the Regional Coordinator will organize and support regional activities and events to include member engagement, national events, training, etc. The coordinator will provide the Northwest Regional Manager logistical and administrative support.
This position operates from Travis Manion Foundation’s Seattle/Tacoma office and supports Washington, Alaska, Oregon, and Idaho
About the Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1stLt Travis Manion was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Coordination and Execution
- Plans and organizes logistics for all TMF program-related initiatives, including but not limited to: volunteer trainings, program implementation, workshops, service projects, national events, etc.
- Works with the Regional Manager to develop, execute, and assess the regional strategy for best delivering TMF programs and provides insight on the resources required for that strategy.
- Engages the community to increase support for TMF programs; this includes teachers, administrators, volunteers, other charitable organizations, youth groups, etc
- Oversees quality control of the program throughout the region and provides input on how to improve local operations
- Manages program inventory and equipment. Assembles, organizes and sends all supplies and materials to remote volunteers and program-delivery sites as required
- Identifies and connects with new youth organizations and groups
- Seeks out opportunities - tabling events, career fairs, conferences, networking events, etc - to recruit new veterans, survivors, and inspired civilians to participate in TMF programming.
- Shares content and engaging posts, stories, and videos on program impact through TMF’s regional social media, videos, flyers, etc to create buzz around TMF programming.
- Implement and maintain online marketing strategies through various social media platforms – regional Facebook pages, chapter pages, Instagram, Twitter, blogs, etc...
- Responsible for all program-related clerical needs including informing/updating weekly reports, completing feedback forms and after-action reports, updating information on various databases and systems (i.e. Salesforce, Dropbox, Classy, Airtable).
- Records, tracks and manages all data associated with CDM metrics, survey evaluations, event activities, etc. Prepares reports on volunteer and student impact for management.
- Provide support as needed to TMF national events and membership to ensure the successful execution of Operation Legacy, Heroes’ Run, and Expeditions.
- Events are, with a few exceptions, located within the region and will require some after-hours and weekend work. Periodic travel.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree; minimum of 2 years’ work experience in education, human services, social work, non-profit, administration, or a related field.
- Self-starter with outstanding attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and professional customer service skills
- Must be self-reliant and initiative-driven, while still being an effective and collaborative team member; Energetic, flexible, and proactive;
- Remains focused and efficient in the face of pressure, delivers results with timelines; not intimidated by complex tasks, challenging timelines, or a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce and other systems used to manage program-related data.
- Dedicated to the foundation’s mission and has a passion for service/community development
Earlier this year, Travis Manion Foundation was recognized as a top 10 “Best Nonprofit to Work for” by the Nonprofit Times.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. TMF offers a benefits package, which includes medical and dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life, and participation in our 401(k) program, to name a few. In addition, we have an attractive PTO policy along with holidays and paid parental leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TMF is committed to an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect, dignity and equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, age, genetic information, marital and partnership status, familial status, alienage or citizenship status, handicap, disability or perceived disability, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, consumer credit status, unemployment status, caregiver status, victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, military and veteran status and any other category protected by federal, state, city and local laws.
At TMF, one of our main priorities is to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as real value for our leaders, staff, board, members and those we serve. Many of the greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter (with salary requirements) describing his or her background as it relates to the position description. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a final candidate is selected. Submit all information via email to email@example.com
**No phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications, TMF cannot notify applicants of the status of their applications unless an interview is requested.