Chief Program Officer
The Program Director (PD) will lead TMF regional operations and staff to include program planning and execution, budget management, national relationships, and impact reporting. The PD will work directly with TMF’s Chief of Programs to ensure TMF has an established presence with strategic partnerships. The PD will support regions in growing the impact of TMF’s program that empower veterans and surviving family. Initiatives include TMF’s youth development program “Character Does Matter”, personal growth offerings, and member engagement activities.
This position operates from one of Travis Manion Foundation’s Regional Offices – Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, San Diego, or Seattle/Tacoma. This position will require travel nationally at least 20% of the time.
About the Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1stLt Travis Manion was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, interview and select well-qualified regional program staff
- Ensure all team members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards
- Supervise program staff by providing guidance, input, and feedback
- Provide 90 day and annual reviews for all staff members under your charge
- Provide coaching and professional development opportunities that foster and encourage growth within team members
- Execute and provide feedback on TMF’s program strategy.
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies/procedures of the organization
- Ensure TMF programs are meeting the needs of Spartan members
- Provide direction and support to regional teams in order to meet organizational goals and business objectives.
- Advise on and brainstorm tactical methods to fulfill partnership agreements regionally
- Steward and manage established strategic relationships that further programmatic goals
- Communicate regularly with national partners and other stakeholders to improve operations or seek out new opportunities for program development and expansion
- Serve as liaison between funders and programs team to ensure full breadth of deliverables are executed
- Maintain and build relationships with new and existing partners. Maximize opportunities to collaborate with national organizations with aligned interests and mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Provide input for TMF’s annual budget to accomplish programmatic goals
- Review monthly budget v. actuals for accountability and verification of programmatic spending
- Modify and adjust budgeting resources throughout the year to support programmatic delivery
- Oversee the collection of data and reporting of programmatic metrics
- Report evaluation findings to Chief of Programs and recommend changes to enhance the program
- Provide input on grants as requested by the development team
- Provide reports on the program to funders as required
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ work experience in leadership, non-profit management, military, program management or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and disparate operations and individuals
- Demonstrated skill in proactively building and maintaining high-impact teams
- Experience coaching and leading people of various backgrounds and levels of experience
- History of strong organizational and customer service-skills
- Thrives in an autonomous work environment. Must be self-reliant and initiative-driven, while also being an effective and collaborative team member
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to remain focused in the face of pressure, while delivering results with timelines; not intimidated by complex tasks, challenging timelines, or a fast-paced work environment
- Energetic, flexible, and proactive
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce and other systems used to manage program related data.
- Dedicated to the foundation’s mission and has a passion for service/community development
- Veteran Preferred
Earlier this year, Travis Manion Foundation was recognized as a top 10 “Best Nonprofit to Work for” by the Nonprofit Times.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. TMF offers a benefits package, which includes medical and dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance and participation in our 401(k) program, to name a few. In addition, we have an attractive PTO policy along with holidays and paid parental leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TMF is committed to an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect, dignity and equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, age, genetic information, marital and partnership status, familial status, alienage or citizenship status, handicap, disability or perceived disability, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, consumer credit status, unemployment status, caregiver status, victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, military and veteran status and any other category protected by federal, state, city and local laws.
At TMF, one of our main priorities is to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as real value for our leaders, staff, board, members and those we serve. Many of the greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter (with salary requirements) describing his or her background as it relates to the position description. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a final candidate is selected. Submit all information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
**No phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications, TMF cannot notify applicants of the status of their applications unless an interview is requested.