Senior Director, Development
The Senior Director of Development will ensure the continued growth and financial success of Travis Manion Foundation by instilling a culture of philanthropy in its constituents, managing diverse funding streams, being a key stakeholder during strategic planning, and providing oversight for all donor communications and campaigns.
The successful applicant should have proven experience as a fundraising and organizational development expert, with several years of management experience in a non-profit organization or a similar environment. The ideal candidate is motivated, able to solve complex problems, and has a passion for philanthropy within the military services and education spaces.
While we accept all resumes and applications, there is a preference for candidates who live near a Travis Manion Foundation office.
About Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1stLt Travis Manion was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and organize all aspects of the organization’s comprehensive fundraising and business development strategy.
- Work closely with the President, Vice President, and COO along with TMF’s Board of Directors to steward investment opportunities.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy that is aligned with the organization's mission, vision, and values.
- Collaborate with leadership team to set annual revenue goals through a bottoms up approach to both fund development and monthly cash flow.
- Oversee month to month revenue forecasting, reporting out variances with supporting evidence.
- Lead short- and long-term revenue goals through the execution of various campaigns and management of key partnerships.
- Identify and cultivate major gift prospects, as well as corporate and foundation donors.
- Manage personal list of accounts both current and prospective.
- Manage and lead a team of fundraising and business development professionals, providing guidance, training, and support as needed.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team to develop and execute effective donor communications and marketing materials.
- Monitor and analyze fundraising data to evaluate performance and adjust strategies as needed.
- Strategically manage both macro-organizational growth goals alongside daily fundraising campaign needs.
- Confidence stewarding high net worth individuals.
- Ability to identify, cultivate and negotiate corporate and foundation relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; master’s or advanced degree is highly preferred.
- CFRE certification or similar certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ work experience in nonprofit resource development and fundraising.
- Minimum of 7 years’ professional experience directly leading and managing teams.
- Experience with and working knowledge of fundraising campaign development, execution, and management is a must.
- Experience establishing and stewarding high-level corporate and foundation relationships is a must.
- Experience with military-connected nonprofits is a plus.
- Highly competent with CRM Software, Microsoft Office Suite, and G-Suite is preferred.
- Experience with SAAS tools like Slack, Zoom, and AirTable is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to use donor and wealth management software.
- Demonstrated ability to create annual budgets and fiscal projections.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, board members, key stakeholders, and volunteers.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills; must be self-reliant and initiative-driven, while still being an effective and collaborative team member.
- Excellent and persuasive communicator with exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills. This includes effectively summarizing technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Remains focused and efficient in the face of pressure, delivers results with timelines; not intimidated by complex tasks, challenging timelines, or a fast-paced work environment.
- Energetic, flexible, and proactive with dedication to the mission of the Travis Manion Foundation and a passion for service and community development.
- A strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit is the perfect fit for this role.
Earlier this year, Travis Manion Foundation was recognized as a top 10 “Best Nonprofit to Work for” by the Nonprofit Times.
The pay for this position is based on the candidate’s work experience, skills, and abilities. TMF offers a benefits package, which includes medical and dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life, and participation in our 401(k) program, to name a few. In addition, we have an attractive PTO policy along with holidays and paid parental leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TMF is committed to an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect, dignity and equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, age, genetic information, marital and partnership status, familial status, alienage or citizenship status, handicap, disability or perceived disability, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, consumer credit status, unemployment status, caregiver status, victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, military and veteran status and any other category protected by federal, state, city and local laws.
At TMF, one of our main priorities is to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as real value for our leaders, staff, board, members, and those we serve. Many of the greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter (with salary requirements) describing their background as it relates to the position description. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a final candidate is selected. Submit all information via email to email@example.com.
**No phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications, TMF cannot notify applicants of the status of their applications unless an interview is requested.**