Coordinator, Social Media
Manager, Digital Marketing
The Social Media Coordinator will lead content creation efforts across Travis Manion Foundation’s social media channels. This includes collaborating with staff and volunteers to turn impact stories into digestible content in different formats (text, video, images, etc.) suitable for diverse social media channels. This role plays a critical role within Travis Manion Foundation, serving as the voice of the brand, engaging supporters digitally, helping new volunteers and donors discover our mission, and protecting our brand integrity through high-quality and timely content.
This position must operate out of a TMF office, with a strong preference for a candidate near the headquarters office in Doylestown, PA. While this is not a fully remote position, there will be an opportunity to work remotely a few days per week.
About Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1stLt Travis Manion was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of this role include but are not limited to:
- Create monthly content maps in partnership with Digital Marketing Manager.
- Create social media campaign plans for large-scale events in partnership with Digital Marketing Manager.
- Collaborate with volunteers and staff members all over the country to capture impact stories for social media.
- Create various forms of social media content—text captions, videos, and images—suitable for the various social media platforms, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Publish posts according to the established social media content calendar.
- Ensure every piece of content created aligns with brand voice.
- 1-2 years of experience with digital marketing and/or social media is preferred.
- Demonstrates an ability to turn a concept into compelling content.
- Deep knowledge of social media trends, hashtags, and engagement strategy.
- Demonstrates an ability to incorporate brand voice and identity in digital content.
- Extensive knowledge of the popular social media platforms. Proven experience in creating engaging content on different social media platforms (Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube).
- Previous experience working with creative tools (such as Canva) is preferred.
- Experience with Loomly (or similar social scheduling platforms: Sprout Social, Buffer, etc.) is preferred.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and customer service-skills; must be self-reliant and initiative-driven, while still being an effective and collaborative team member.
- Excellent and persuasive communicator with exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Remains focused and efficient in the face of pressure, delivers results with timelines; not intimidated by complex tasks, challenging timelines, or a fast-paced work environment.
- Energetic, flexible, and proactive with dedication to the mission of Travis Manion Foundation and a passion for service and community development. Occasional work during non-business hours will be needed occasionally, with ample notice.
- Willingness to travel regionally to cover events with social media. Must have their own car and a valid driver’s license.
Earlier this year, Travis Manion Foundation was recognized as a top 10 “Best Nonprofit to Work for” by the Nonprofit Times.
The pay for this position is $40-45k, based on the candidate’s work experience, skills, and abilities. TMF offers a benefits package, which includes medical and dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life and participation in our 401(k) program, to name a few. In addition, we have an attractive PTO policy along with holidays and paid parental leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TMF is committed to an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect, dignity and equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, age, genetic information, marital and partnership status, familial status, alienage or citizenship status, handicap, disability or perceived disability, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, consumer credit status, unemployment status, caregiver status, victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, military and veteran status and any other category protected by federal, state, city and local laws.
At TMF, one of our main priorities is to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as real value for our leaders, staff, board, members and those we serve. Many of the greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter (with salary requirements) describing their background as it relates to the position description. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a final candidate is selected. Submit all information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
**No phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications, TMF cannot notify applicants of the status of their applications unless an interview is requested.**