Manager, Southeast Region
The Southeast Region Manager will lead the delivery, program implementation, and expansion of Travis Manion Foundation’s youth character development programs – Character Does Matter and service projects – within the region. The manager will support TMF national engagement programs to include the promotion of and participation in 911 Heroes Runs, Operation Legacy, and service expeditions in the region. The manager is responsible for planning TMF activities and events, increasing engagement levels of TMF volunteers, and maintaining and building relationships to amplify the work of TMF and contribute to the foundation’s overall mission of unifying communities across America.
This position operates from Travis Manion Foundation’s Atlanta office and supports North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama, and Florida.
About the Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1stLt Travis Manion was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Outreach and Expansion
- Assist with increasing the number of programmatic activities within the region through chapter establishment/maintenance and Spartan engagement.
- Innovate methods to increase volunteer engagement, provide worthwhile opportunities to members, and solve for gaps in the volunteer pipeline.
- Serve as the principle liaison for local chapters which may also include identifying chapter leaders, attending chapter events, and providing resources to chapters for executing events.
- Provides guidance for the coordination of all TMF CDM program-related events and oversee quality control for regional programs to improve local operations.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing reports; summarizing information; identifying trends
- Collects stories that show TMF as the leader in the character (leadership and service) space.
- Steward relationships that further programmatic goals – Employee resource groups, Veteran Service Organizations, schools, etc.
- Maintain oversight of established national strategic partners and programmatic commitments to fulfill partnership agreements.
- Maximize opportunities to partner with local organizations with aligned interest and mutually-beneficial outcomes.
National Engagement Support
- Serve as the local regional contact for Operation Legacy, Heroes’ Runs, and Expeditions to ensure successful execution of those events.
- Support TMF national events by identifying possible leaders, recruiting volunteers, connecting with local leaders to cultivate deeper relationships, provide TMF resources when requested, attend local events hosted, etc.
- Shares content about program impact through social media posts, videos, flyers.
- Updating weekly reports, completing feedback forms, and after-action reports
- Tracks all data associated with regional Spartans: including CDM metrics, survey evaluations, event activities, etc. Prepares reports on volunteer and student impact for management.
- Manages and tracks program expenses to maintain budget for the region.
- Attend regional events, some after-hours/weekend work. Travel at least 10%.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree; minimum of 4 years’ work experience in education, human services, social work, or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and disparate operations and individuals
- Demonstrated skill in proactively building and maintaining high-impact relationships
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite, familiar with Salesforce (or similar databases) and systems for managing program-related data
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and customer service skills; must be self-reliant and initiative-driven, while still being an effective and collaborative team member
- Excellent and persuasive communicator with exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills
- Remains focused and efficient in the face of pressure, delivers results with timelines; not intimidated by complex tasks, challenging timelines, or a fast-paced work environment
- Energetic, flexible, and proactive with dedication to the mission of the Travis Manion Foundation and a passion for service and community development.
Over the past two years, Travis Manion Foundation has been recognized as a top 10 “Best Nonprofit to Work for” by the Nonprofit Times.
The salary for this position is $55k to $60k, commensurate with experience. TMF offers a benefits package, which includes medical and dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life and participation in our 401(k) program, to name a few. In addition, we have an attractive PTO policy along with holidays and paid paternal leave.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter describing his or her background as it related to the position description with salary expectations. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a final candidate is selected. Submit all information via email to email@example.com.
**No phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications, TMF cannot notify applicants of the status of their applications unless an interview is requested.**