The Technical Specialist is responsible for supporting TMF staff and members with technical solutions and training. This team member will architect, manage, and maintain the internal and external help desk for the organization, and heavily support the administration of TMF’s database and member portal. The ideal candidate has experience as a Salesforce Administrator, training, and technical support.
This is a remote position with preference near a Travis Manion Foundation office.
About the Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen America's national character by empowering veterans and families of fallen to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1stLt Travis Manion was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded teammates. Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong relationships with their communities, and thrive in their post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth. As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s heroes lives on in the next generation.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical Specialist’s duties include owning the help desk for staff and volunteers, ensuring a positive user experience for both. This individual will create technical training and self-service help solutions, as well as support the Database Administrator with the database and member portal. This role requires exceptional project management skills and an ability to sort through and solve many technical requests from staff and volunteers. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
● Creates and manages technical training program for staff, conducts hands-on training.
● Assists Data & Technology team with database and software projects.
● Architects and manages the help desk for staff and volunteers.
● Responsible for Systems Administration, software licensing, and hardware management.
● Evaluates current and future software solutions for staff and volunteers and assists with managing any changes that are needed.
● Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field; minimum of 2 years’ experience in a technical role.
● Demonstrates exceptional computer skills and a high level of comfort with technology.
● Experience with databases, preferably SalesForce Sales Cloud and Experience Cloud, is required.
● Highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite is required. Experience administering Google Workspace is a plus.
● Experience with SAAS tools like Slack, Zoom, and AirTable is a plus.
● Self-starter with excellent organizational and customer service-skills; must be self-reliant and initiative-driven, while still being an effective and collaborative team member.
● Excellent and persuasive communicator with exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills. This includes effectively summarizing technical details to a non-technical audience.
● Remains focused and efficient in the face of pressure, delivers results with timelines; not intimidated by complex tasks, challenging timelines, or a fast-paced work environment.
● Energetic, flexible, and proactive with dedication to the mission of the Travis Manion Foundation and a passion for service and community development.
Earlier this year, Travis Manion Foundation was recognized as a top 10 “Best Nonprofit to Work
for” by the Nonprofit Times.
The salary range for this position is $40-50k. TMF offers a benefits package,
which includes medical and dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life and participation
in our 401(k) program, to name a few. In addition, we have an attractive PTO policy along with
holidays and paid paternal leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TMF is committed to an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect, dignity and
equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color,
religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender or gender
identity, age, genetic information, marital and partnership status, familial status, alienage or
citizenship status, handicap, disability or perceived disability, pregnancy, arrest or conviction
record, consumer credit status, unemployment status, caregiver status, victim of domestic
violence, sexual violence or stalking, military and veteran status and any other category protected
by federal, state, city and local laws.
At TMF, one of our main priorities is to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are
seen as real value for our leaders, staff, board, members and those we serve. Many of the
greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are
committed to cultivating an inclusive environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter (with salary requirements)
describing their background as it relates to the position description. Applications will be
accepted on a rolling basis until a final candidate is selected. Submit all information via email to
**No phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications, TMF cannot notify applicants of the
status of their applications unless an interview is requested.**