Thanks for joining us for an awesome race!
Thanks for joining us for an awesome race! Find race photos below. Please check back soon for timing results.
The 9/11 Heroes Run unites communities internationally with the goal to never forget the sacrifices of the heroes of September 11th and the wars since: veteran, first responder, civilian and military.
Join us to raise awareness and honor the fallen.
2018 Tempe, AZ
The 9/11 Heroes Run 5k +1M fun run/walk welcomes runners, ruckers, and walkers of all levels and of all ages. Events take place all over the world, on or near September 11th, and are 100% organized by local community volunteers. It is the perfect opportunity for your community to personally come out and thank your local veterans, their families, and first responders in an annual, fun, and family-friendly environment!Directions
|Vendor Village opens||6:00 AM -|
|Opening Ceremonies:||6:30 AM - 7:30 AM|
|Opening Prayer||7:05 AM - 7:07 AM|
|AFROTC Parade of Colors: Mesa High School||7:07 AM - 7:08 AM|
|National Anthem by Planet Fitness General Manager Alvin Tapa||7:08 AM -|
|Runners line up at Start Line||7:15 AM -|
|5k Run Begin||7:30 AM -|
|1 Mile Fun Run/Walk Begins||7:35 AM -|
ADDITIONAL RACE DETAILS
Race Packet Pick up Info
Where: Planet Fitness West Tempe
When: Thursday, August 30th and Friday, August 31st
Race Day Packet Pick Up at Tempe Beach Park:
Vendor Village opens at 6am.
- Rob Jones will be attending and running in our 6th Annual 9/11 Heroes Run Tempe!
- Rob is a Marine Corps veteran who was injured in Afghanistan while clearing IEDs leaving him as a double amputee. Since that time, he has become a champion rower, biked across the country from Maine to California and in 2017 ran 31 marathons in 31 days in 31 different cities. Rob continues to serve as a TMF Character Does Matter Mentor to inspire young adults and communities to live “If Not Me, Then Who…” and strengthen America’s national character.
- Tempe PD Pipe Band will be motivating our runners!
- Tempe Exchange Club will be donating use of 120, 8-foot American Flags that will line the start and finish line and Vendor Village.
- Mesa, Dobson, and Westwood High Schools will be providing 200 amazing Volunteers.
- 20+ Vendors will be in attendance to give out swag, raffles, and free services!
- Medals and Prizes will be given out to the top three male and female finishers in these age groups:
- Overall Top Female Finisher
- Overall Top Male Finisher
- 15 and under
- We will be giving away a FREE Apple iWatch donated by NAI Horizon to the MOST PATRIOTIC, so wear your RED, WHITE, and BLUE!!!
Important Items to know for Race Day:
- Parking: Tempe Beach Park Parking Lot is reserved for permitted vehicles ONLY! Check your Race Packet for a Lyft and Uber coupon for your first ride with either company.
- Free parking will be available at the ADP Garage, formally US Airways Garage at 225 S Ash Ave Tempe, AZ 85281.
- Dogs and jogging strollers are welcome, we just ask that strollers and puppies stick to the back of the pack when starting the run to avoid bottlenecking on the course.
5K & 1 Mile Pricing Timeline
- May 27 – July 31 @ 11:59pm
- 5K Individual Registration: $30
- 5K GORUCK Division Registration: $30
- 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk Registration: $20
- Family Pack of 4 Registration: $100
- 5K Active Duty Military or First Responder: $27
- 10% discount – will be required to show valid government ID of active duty status when picking up packet
- August 1 – August 22 @ 11:59pm
- 5K Individual Registration: $32.50
- 5K GORUCK Division Registration: $32.50
- 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk Registration: $22.50
- Family Pack of 4 Registration: $110
- 5K Active Duty Military or First Responder: $29.25
- August 23 – August 29 @ 11:59pm (Online Registration Closure)
- 5K Individual Registration: $35
- 5K GORUCK Division Registration: $35
- 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk Registration: $25
- Family Pack of 4 Registration: $120
- 5K Active Duty Military or First Responder: $31.50
NOTE: if you are not registered by 11:59pm EST on August 31, you are not guaranteed a race shirt or participant memorabilia
- Race Day (if applicable)
- 5K Individual Registration: $40
- 5K GORUCK Division Registration: $40
- 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk Registration: $30
- Family Pack of 4 Registration: $125
- 5K Active Duty Military or First Responder: $35
You Can Participate In Many Different Ways
As a company, organization or individual, you can sponsor the 9/11 Heroes Run on a local or national level.Become a Sponsor
Help bring race day to life in your community as a local volunteer.Volunteer Now
Show your support for runners and the TMF
mission with a financial contribution to yourlocal race.
Help support a local runneror register as a virtual runner, and start a peer-to-peer fundraiser.Start Fundraising
Run Or Walk
Ask yourself “If Not Me, Then Who…” and sign up, train and run the race that honors our fallen heroes.register now
Have Questions About 911 Heroes Run?