This project has been POSTPONED. Please check back for further updates!
Please join TMF and Cub Scout Pack 31 in collecting canned and non-perishable items for St. Matthews Lutherans food pantry. The pack will back this up in their rucks and do an urban hike through downtown Charleston collecting litter if seen and learning about Historical Charleston's roles in both the American Revolutionary war and Civil War. This hike will take us from Waterfront park to the historic Battery and up to St Matthews Lutheran on King Street to drop off donated items. This will help a number of our scouts complete some advancement requirements and to help other people at all times.
1. Time frame for your project? Start time would be 2pm with a endex of 4pm. This will give time for water breaks, picking up trash and talking about some historical sites along the way.
2. List of canned and perishable food to bring:
- Soups with proteins (chicken noodle soup, black bean soup, canned chili, soups with meats or beans)
- Canned protein such as chicken or tuna
- boxed milk
- mixed fruit
- white rice
- boxed mac and cheese
- healthy snacks like trail mix and/or granola bars
This project honors the life and legacy of Lieutenant Mark Lange.
You must be registered by March 25th to guarantee a t-shirt.