Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Tips
Claiming Your Page:
To do so, please refer to the confirmation of your run registration email. The link sent to you in your email will allow you to claim your page.
For additional tips on kicking off your fundraising and how to keep the momentum going, download the Additional Fundraising Tips Document here.
- Make a donation to your own page: People will be more likely to donate to your page if they see you already have a donation
- Personalize page with pictures & videos
- People will be more likely to donate when they know what your cause is all about and why they are donating
- Social Media Post
- Create a post with a little blurb about the cause and its meaning to you with a link to donate
- **Please note: With Facebook’s new algorithms, do not just “share” your fundraising page... Instead, put up a personal note, video, etc and then share your link to your fundraising page on there!
Did you know:
- $25 Covers the cost for a 'strengths assessment' for one veteran transitioning into the civilian sector.
- $50 Funds one at-risk student to complete a full-day character and leadership course for the Character Does Matter program.
- $100 Provides materials for 10 students and veterans to complete an Operation Legacy service project for a community in need.
- $250 Trains one veteran or family member of the fallen to serve as a youth mentor for the Character Does Matter program for one year.
- $500 Helps sponsor a surviving family member to attend an Expedition.
9/11 HEROES RUN FUNDRAISING TIPS
“IF NOT ME, THEN WHO…”
First, let us tell you how appreciative we are that you guys are willing to go the “extra mile” to help us raise funds for our vital programs that we have across the country helping our next generation of leaders by empowering veterans and families of the fallen to continue to serve their communities.
most important item: BELIEVE IN THE CAUSE & HAVE FUN
All you have to do is spread the word to your friends and family! Accept the “If Not Me, Then Who…” challenge by committing to personally raising an additional $100 to directly impact and assist local heroes and families of the fallen in your community and across the United States.
**Raise at least $100 and receive an exclusive TMF baseball hat! Raise $500 or more and you will get a TMF .50 Cal bottle opener or an autographed copy of the “Brothers Forever” book! Raise $1000 or more and receive all three items! This is reserved only for our personal fundraisers. **