Please join TMF and the Smith Station Ruck Club for an Operation Legacy project and ruck. We will be hosting a ruck march in support of the Fort Benning Battle Buddy Resource Center. Each participant will carry canned and non-perishable food that will be given to Soldiers on post that need help providing a Thanksgiving meal to their family.
This project will be honoring the life and legacy of SPC Nickolas S. Welch, USA.
You MUST be registered by October 28th to guarantee a t-shirt and patch.
Please see the following section for directions on how to get to the Project Location.
- For those of you unfamiliar with Fort Benning, you will have to get a visitor’s pass to gain access to Fort Benning -
- the visitor center is located at the main gate, which is the one that interstate 185 dead ends into.
- Once through the gate, you will take a right onto Custer road, the first exit.
- Then you will take a left onto Fort Benning Rd.
- You will take your first right onto 10th Division Rd and Russ Pond will be on your left.
- Traditional navigation apps are not always effective on Fort Benning, so you can download GuideOn to help you get around Fort Benning.
- Russ Pond is searchable on the app, using the keyword search capability.”